How to read the posts
The posts are arranged here with the most recent appearing at the top of the page. If you are new to the blog, you might find it useful to start with the first posts. Go to the blog archive on the lower right to access the posts in the order in which they were written.
Monday, March 26, 2012
Basic instructions for walking meditation
• Find a level path approximately 20steps long away from distractions.
• Specify a length of time for the meditation.
• With a softened gaze, look about six feet ahead of you.
• Without looking, put your mental attention on the movement of the feet, the home object.
• Note “right, left” or “lifting, pushing, placing.”
• If secondary objects arise, note them only as long as necessary, and then return to noting the home object.
• Stop if a secondary object becomes too dominant and interferes with your focus on the home object. Note until it passes away.
• At the end of the path, note “stopping” and “turning” and then resume walking and noting the home object.